C++ Software Engineer
SCM Products, Inc. is a growing company located in Long Island that produces products for the financial, presentation and emergency service industry. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with our company! Training on our existing products will be provided. We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) with match, healthcare, dental coverage, and more!
As a Software Engineer you will be designing Windows applications. You will work as a part of the Engineering Design Team that handles design development and supports multiple projects.
As a Software Engineer you must be a highly organized self-starter who is a team player, but also works well independently. You must be goal oriented, able to meet strict deadlines and willing to learn new product knowledge. Qualified candidates are able to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and management.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science,
- At least 5-10+ years of experience
- Experience working in a Windows development environmen
- Experience with C++, secondary experience with C# and Java
- Experience with the use of Software Debuggers
- Knowledge of SQL Database Design
- Experience with designing Server applications and Services
- Experience with AWS or Azure environments
- Experience with Smartphone development, a plus!
- Knowledge of HTML and PHP Web Designs
Other responsibilities of the Engineering role include:
- Taking ownership of the design process
- Developing software based on specifications provided by internal and external clients
- Mentoring team members and constructively contributing to team efforts
- Enhancing the technical knowledge of the development group
- Conducting proper client support related to all company projects
- Assisting with project estimating and proposals
- Providing consultation to clients
- Producing timely and accurate reports of work completed
**Our company offers fully paid benefits, paid vacation time, 12 paid holidays